Welcome to Cedar Pro Learning privacy notice. Cedar Pro Learning is a trading brand name of Cedar Pro Learning Ltd, which is a London based project delivery training company. Cedar Pro Learning Ltd is located at:Thirlmere House, 401 Summerwood Road, Isleworth, London, United Kingdom
Cedar Pro Learning manages and administrates your data to perform its obligations under your contract when you sign up to training program with Cedar Pro Learning Ltd. Cedar Pro Learning Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data collectively referred to as Cedar Pro Learning, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice.
Cedar Pro Learning Ltd respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
This privacy notice is provided in a layered format so you can click through to the specific areas set out below. Please also use the Glossary to understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice.
Vital Information and who we are
The data we collect about you and how the law protects you
How is your personal data collected?
How we use your personal data?
Disclosures of your personal data
Automated decision making and profiling
Your legal rights
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how Cedar Pro Learning Ltd collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website and signing up for the refer-a friend with us, including or take part in the competition.
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and it not intended to override them.
Our full details are:
- Full name of legal entity: Cedar Pro Learning Ltd
- Title: Data Protection Officer
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: Thirlmere House, 401 Summerwood Road, Isleworth, London, United Kingdom
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Links to External Sites
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account details to process the payment to you. Financial data will be encrypted accordingly.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to you.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
When you use a cedar-pro.com, we obtain various types of information related to you andyour use of the Service or Materials. This data includes information that directly identifies you such as your name, job title, or contact information as well as information such as online identifiers or cookie-level data that may indirectly identify you. The information we obtain generally consists of information (1) you provide us about yourself or that we directly collect from you, (2) you provide us about others, (3) automatically collected about your interactions with the Digital Services or Materials, and (4) we get from other sources as described further below.
- Information we obtain directly from you
Cedar Pro Learning Ltd asks you to provide information about yourself when you use the Digital Services, including when you create an account, complete a form or subscribe to a mailing list. You may not be able to use certain features if you choose not to submit the requested information.
The information you provide us or that we directly obtain from you includes details such as:
- Contact information (e.g., your name, email address, job title, company name).
- Demographic and interests information (e.g., region, industry sector, preferred language, topics of interest).
- Payment information for purchases made through the Digital Services (e.g., payment card number, expiration date and billing information). This information is used for the limited purposes of processing your transaction, providing you with the Materials and to protect our rights or the rights of others.
- Information you choose to share with us (e.g., when you submit an inquiry through an online form on a Digital Service).
- Transactional and activity information (e.g., requests, searches or orders).
- If you apply for a course administered by Cedar Pro Learning Ltd Learning, we may request further details from you. This information is used for purposes of assessing your qualification for the course and may include:
- Educational background and work experience.
- Date of birth.
- Information provided by you in your personal statement and other information you choose to share with us in support of your application for the course.
- Information you provide about others
- Information automatically collected
The information automatically collected includes the following:
- Information about your computer, device, browser and operating system (e.g., type, model, or version).
- Internet protocol (IP) address, which is used to derive your general geographic area (e.g., city and country).
- Device identifiers.
- Information about your interactions with the Digital Services, including browsing activities and clickstream data that reflect the Materials you have accessed, clicked on, or viewed.
- Information about how you accessed the Digital Services, including details about websites or apps visited immediately before or after accessing a Digital Service.
- Demographic and interests information (e.g., region, industry sector, preferred language, topics of interest).
- Information about your interactions with email messages and other communications, such as whether you opened or forwarded the email or clicked on links contained in the email.
- Information we obtain from other sources
Cedar Pro Learning Ltd receives information about you from other sources which may be combined with information obtained about you as a result of your interactions with the Digital Services or Materials. For example, we obtain data from:
- Organizers of industry events. We obtain information from organizers of events and conferences you attend subject to the sharing practices of the relevant event organizers.
- Third-party data suppliers such as data aggregators, data resellers, public databases and business partners. These suppliers provide us with demographic information, information about your organization, and other information that helps us learn about you and other users of the Digital Services.
- Your organization or other individuals at your organization if you are authorized to access a Digital Services and/or Materials via a corporate account.
- Operators of third-party sites, platforms or other devices and technologies when you interact with the Materials on those channels and platforms.
- Social Media Platforms and similar services (“Social Media Platforms”). We obtain information from Social Media Platforms such as LinkedIn, which may include your username, user ID, demographic information and other information, subject to the settings and privacy practices of the relevant Social Media Platform.
The categories of information that we collect about you from other sources are your personal details (for example your name and date of birth) and your contact details (such as your phone number, email address, postal address or mobile number).
Cedar Pro Learning Ltd uses the information we obtain:
- To provide you with the Digital Services. This service includes:
- Processing your requests regarding the Digital Services and the Materials.
- Providing customer assistance or technical support.
- Customizing the Digital Services and Materials, providing recommendations and enhancing the quality and your overall experience with the Digital Services, including by retaining your user preferences or optimizing the presentation of the Digital Services and Materials based on your industry or interests and for the browser or device you use to access the Digital Services.
- Maintaining, operating, improving and developing the Digital Services, Materials and other Cedar Pro Learning Ltd products and services.
- Learning about users of the Digital Services and analyzing how you and others interact with and respond to the Digital Services and Materials, including by measuring and optimizing usage, reliability and performance, conducting market research, performing analytics, and supporting our operations (e.g., for accounting, auditing, financial, legal or other purposes).
- To communicate with you. This activity includes:
- Sending you Materials you have requested or which we believe are of interest to you.
- Sending you informational messages about the Digital Services (e.g., to confirm your access to the relevant Materials or notify you of changes to a Digital Service).
- Delivering marketing or promotional communications.
- Responding to your questions or addressing your requests.
- Providing you with surveys regarding the Digital Services.
- For advertising and marketing purposes, including interest-based advertising. This activity includes:
- Developing, managing and conducting advertising and marketing campaigns, promotions and offers, including about the Digital Services, Materials and other Cedar Pro Learning Ltd products, services or initiatives.
- Cross-device linking. If you access the Digital Services from multiple browsers or devices, we, our service providers and third parties may try to establish connections among and link the different browsers and devices you use to access the Digital Services. This helps us provide you with a seamless experience across the browsers and devices you use and serve you with the relevant Materials.
- Interest-based advertising (also known as targeted or personalized advertising or ads) is advertising based on your interests as inferred from your activities over time on the Digital Services and online services operated by third parties, as well as other information. Interest-based ads consist of text ads, images, animations or videos and are displayed to you based on various factors, including the context of the site or app in which they appear (e.g., sport or travel section), information you provided to the operator of the site or app (e.g., when you created an account), your activities on the site or app (e.g., pages viewed, searches performed or ads clicked), and information such as your demographic, interests and household information.
- We use online and offline information we obtain about you, including your personal information, for interest-based advertising purposes. We aggregate the information we obtain to create audiences that are most likely to respond to ads based on demographic, interests or household information.
- Interest-based ads may be displayed to you by third parties, such as ad networks or exchanges.
- To protect our rights or the rights of others. This protection includes:
- Performing audits, assessments and testing or troubleshooting activities.
- Backing up our systems (including for disaster recovery purposes) and enhancing the overall security of the Digital Services.
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements (including legal process such as court orders, warrants, regulatory investigations, or subpoenas) and/or fulfilling contractual obligations.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product purchase.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Cedar Pro Learning Ltd uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Cedar Pro Learning Ltd discloses potentially personally identifying and personally identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that
- need to know that information in order to process it on Cedar Pro LearningLtd’s behalf or to provide services available at Cedar Pro LearningLtd’s website, and
- (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Cedar Pro LearningLtd’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Cedar Pro Learning Ltd will not rent or sell potentially personally identifying and personally identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Cedar Pro Learning Ltd discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Cedar Pro Learning Ltd believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Cedar Pro Learning Ltd, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of https://cedar-pro.com/ and have supplied your email address, Cedar Pro Learning Ltd may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Cedar Pro Learning Ltd and our products. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Cedar Pro Learning Ltd takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally identifying and personally identifying information.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Our IT estates are protected by enterprise level hardware-based firewall systems, with scans being performed regularly to ensure that any vulnerabilities are quickly found and patched. Annual penetration tests are performed by external parties. All services have auto fail-over points and redundant hardware, with complete backups performed as a minimum daily. Access to systems is severely restricted to specific individuals, whose access is monitored and audited. Access levels are granted based on user role and changes are subject to strict pre-approval processes. All client data encrypted at rest and is stored within UK based data centres, within Cedar Pro Learning controlled infrastructure. Our applications utilise Transport Layer Security (TLS) & Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption (also known as HTTPS) for all transmitted data. We also protect applications with encrypted passwords.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy which you can request from us by contacting us.After your policy expires with us, we may keep your data for up to 7 years.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please see these rights below:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Right to withdraw consent
If you wish to exercise these rights set out above, please contact us
It is our standard practice to only send transcripts of telephone recordings to you or any third party unless it is deemed necessary to disclose the recordings.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made several requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.